The Golden Circle of Online Engagement
What You'll Learn
- Identify where and how online tools can enhance planning or coding projects.
- Learn how to evaluate target populations and reporting requirements for the purpose of tool selection.
- Find out how to manage risks to online engagement with associated mitigation strategies.
More Course Details
Public engagement is a vital component of any planning project. As online tools become more sophisticated and accessible, planners are starting to use them in greater numbers to help them reach their communities more effectively.
How do you know which ones to use? When and how do you account for all the nuances of projects and locations? Drawing from case studies of current and past projects of all types, as well as dozens of collective years of experience, this course focuses on key principles that lead to successful online engagement.
- Choosing the Right Tools at the Right Time in the Planning Process
- Setting Goals, Measuring for Success, and Responding Accordingly
- Dealing with Outrage, Trolling, and Other Over-Anticipated Issues
- Meeting Language Needs in the Community
- Merging Online and In-Person Engagement Efforts
- 10 Commandments of Online Engagement for Planners
Learn what has worked and failed in the online space.