New Technology for Resilience and Recovery
What You'll Learn
- Understand how to apply data science with emerging technology to better inform city resilience plans and policy.
- Quickly deploy scenario planning methods at city, corridor, neighborhood, and site scales.
- Apply multi-metric analyses to build higher-performing plans and improve public discourse.
More Course Details
Smart data analysis has the potential to address many aspects of issues like extreme weather, natural disasters, and climate change, yet the abundance of data makes it difficult to quickly distill meaningful insights.
How can we as planners use emerging tools and technology to create sustainable, inclusive climate adaptation and recovery plans? In this session, learn how data science and technology are shaping the way planners support city resilience and disaster recovery.
- Fresh insights from the experiences of planners working on fire recovery in Sonoma County, California, and sea level rise resilience planning in Honolulu.
- How data science and emerging technology can help planners to better assess risk and the projected impacts of climate change and natural disasters.
- Real-life case studies demonstrating how the use of dynamic, multimetric analyses can foster the community consensus needed to put resilience plans in motion.
Climate change preparedness and city resilience planning are essential components to securing sustainable, safe, and equitable solutions for our communities. Learn how to leverage emerging technology for smart resilience planning.