Ethics Codes: Who Does It Better?
What You'll Learn
- Understand the AICP Code of Ethics in regards to conflicts of interest, credit claiming, new technology, and anti-discrimination.
- Review the code to find where there is room for improvement and where it is working well.
- Understand the codes of ethics of other allied professions, helping further collaboration among diverse working groups.
More Course Details
In this course, explore different ethical scenarios and learn what the AICP Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct advises, as well as what other professional codes advise.
- dealing with conflicts of interest
- new technologies and big data
- navigating public/private/nonprofit work
- claiming credit
- sexual harassment
Speakers discuss the advice from ethics codes of the International City/County Management Association, American Public Works Association, American Society of Civil Engineers, American Society of Landscape Architects, International Economic Development Council, American Institute of Architects, and American Society for Public Administration.