Engagement for Everyone: Accessible Virtual Strategies
What You'll Learn
- Craft a creative and dynamic virtual engagement plan, including interactive webinars, website expansion, and social media.
- Identify new tools, resources, and partners to make your engagement process more accessible.
- Learn to create accessible graphics and dynamic opportunities for feedback through polling, virtual Q&A sessions, surveys, and more.
More Course Details
Planners need more options for public engagement to serve an increasingly uncertain world. Learn to lead innovative virtual engagement with new skills to spread the word about your projects, ask for input, and share findings. Using an interactive worksheet, learn to choose and employ the best tools, platforms, and inclusive practices, including:
- Accessible data visualization and infographics
- Creative motivation and compensating participation through games and giveaways
- Accessible surveys and polls
- Meeting options including webinars, breakout rooms, virtual whiteboards, online maps, interviews, videos
- Social media strategies
Learn to enhance equitable access to planning. Closed captioning, translation, and virtual engagement remove barriers to attending public meetings and encourage input from people with health limitations, reduced mobility, and commitments that conflict with evening meetings. Engagement can provide needed resources, including lesson plans and compensating participation.